Thank you to our amazing speakers and to all of the members who attended tonight’s School Choice Panel!
As promised, below are some of the links that panel members shared and suggested that you keep on your radar (presented in no particular order…).
- Seattle Preschool Pathways (Seattle’s Universal Preschool Program): https://seattledeel.microsoftcrmportals.com/en-US/parentportal/
- Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction Report Card (check the data for any public school in the state):reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us/
- Early Achievers (WA’s system of rating quality preschool programs): https://del.wa.gov/earlyachievers
- National Association for the Education of Young Children’s Program Standards (NAEYC credentials preschool programs and lists their program standards at this link): https://families.naeyc.org/accredited-article/10-naeyc-program-standards
- Child Find 0-5 Services (If you are concerned that your child may have a cognitive, language, or motor delay check out this link for information about who to contact. We didn’t talk much about this, but you can contact the District to screen your child. If they need a full evaluation, you may qualify for free preschool and busing through the District): https://www.seattleschools.org/cms/One.aspx?portalId=627&pageId=12809945
- Preschool Previews: Parentmap offer several Seattle Preschool Fairs. Check this link for more info: https://www.parentmap.com/article/preschool-previews
Also, audience members asked our panelists for suggested reading and two researchers were mentioned — Carol Dweck and Stanley Greenspan. Their websites are listed below:-)